WEIGHT of a METAL
|This is a LAB PRACTICAL
Do this experiment in your Lab Section
After this Lab Practical starts....
- No Talking; No Help
- You may not use.... Notes or the PRE-LAB
- Directions and DATA SHEET will be furnished by the instructor.
- No extra paper. Make calculations on the back of Directions or
- Experiments are late after the end of the period
- All experiments must be turned in before you leave.
- All experiments not turned in will be collected 30 minutes after
|In this experiment you will...
- Do the necessary preparation, calibration and standardization.
- A. Calibrate the Gas Buret
- Measure the ungraduated space in
your"Gas Buret" (for use in 2.)
- B. Prepare
1M HCl by dilution
- C. Standardize this diluted HCl
- use NaOH of known concentration
- use the Standardized HCl in 2.
- Do the EXPERIMENT
- Dissolve completely a known mass of
an UNKNOWN metal in an assigned excess volume of the 1 M HCl made above.
- You will determine the Equivalent
Weight of the metal two ways.
- By measuring the Volume of H2
- By determining the amount of HCl
used up in the reaction.