ACID BASE TITRATION
|OVERVIEW of the EXPERIMENT
- STANDARDIZATION of the NaOH Solution
- weigh out "KHP" standard.
- Titrate to phenolphthalein end-point.
- Molarities of the NaOH obtained from Duplicate titrations should
agree to within 1%.
- Calculate the average Molarity of the NaOH solution.
- Determining the w/v% Acetic Acid in Vinegar
- Pipet out 5.00 mL of the vinegar solution,
- Titrate to the phenolphthalein end-point with the standardized NaOH
- Duplicate titrations should agree to within 0.10 mL.
- Use your Average Molarity of the NaOH and the titration data to
calculate the w/v% of acetic acid in your Vinegar UNKNOWN.
- Determining the Ascorbic Acid content of a Vitamin
- Weigh the tablet on an Analytical Balance.
- Soak the tablet in your titration flaskto soften.
- Break up the tablet with a stirring rod.
- Titrate with your standard NaOH solution to the phenolphthalein
- Calculate the mg of Ascorbic Acid in your tablet.
This analysis is a chain of steps.
An error in any step will produce an error in the final
© RWK 1997