|This experiment will be started in one Laboratory session. It is
then completed in the next session. Remember, during the second session, you will also
start and finish the Chromatography Experiment.
1. Prepare sodium Bicarbonate
2. Take the computerized Solvay Quiz.
3. Put away the freshly prepared wet product to dry.
4. Grind the dry Sodium Bicarbonate to a fine powder.
5. Quantitatively convert a 0.5 - 0.7 g sample this to sodium carbonate.
6. Using a 250 mg sample run a spectrometric analysis for Chloride impurity.
7. Package the remaining NaHCO3, Label it and turn